Nus from Epilogger joins Candice
to make a carnivore approved vegan Philly cheese steak
Veg Thursdays on Coral
1 lb of your favorite marinated seitan, or seitan recipe
Your Favorite Vegan Cheese Sauce
bread or hoagie roll
2 cups Mushrooms
1 Onions, sliced
4 tbsp coconut oil, divided
2 tbsp coconut sugar
pinch of basil
pinch of oregano
pinch of salt
- In a large skillet, melt oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring constantly, until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
in the coconut sugar and cook, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan frequently, until the onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes
your favorite seitan recipe, and finely cut with a mandolin. It should resemble shaved meat.
- In a skillet or frying pan over medium heat, toss seitan with BBQ sauce
until well coated and hot.
oil in a large skillet over medium-high
- Saute sliced mushrooms for 3-4
minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add dried herbs and a pinch of salt, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
crowd the mushrooms!
several slices of the seitan on the bottom half of the roll, spoon some of the cheese sauce over the seitan, and top with the mushrooms and onions.
out The Edgy Veg on Facebook
Check out Candice on Pinterest here - http://pinterest.com/edgyveg/
@edgyveg on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/edgyveg
The Edgy Veg website here - http://theedgyveg.com/
Epilogger - http://epilogger.com/
Epilogger on Twitter - https://twitter.com/epilogger
Michael Nussbacher's Twitter - https://twitter.com/MichaelNus
- published: 01 Nov 2012
- views: 13006